Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

How can i synch my Windows 7 laptop Google Drive to my

Customer Question
iphone Google Drive ?...
how can i synch my Windows 7 laptop Google Drive to my iphone Google Drive ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/2/2015
Laptop technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. The google drive will sync on both devices as long as you are signed in to the drive app with the same email address and password.

1. Open the Gmail app.
  2. Touch the menu .
  3. Touch Manage accounts sign in
Which gmail are you referring to ? I cannot find manage accounts on my laptop gmail (no touch screen), and my gmail on my iphone is accessed via the mail at the bottom of the screen and there are no gmail option buttons available.Help !

okay, on the iphone app there should be three lines at the top of your screen next to the words My Drive. Tap on that for the menu.

Your name and email address should be listed there.

One line which says only gmail on the left and edit on the right !
okay, that's on my google drive, not my gmail. I touched my address and them manage accounts, and there is a check mark to the right of it. I then selected that account which lists the files that I have there
I can get also by selecting My Drive
there are 2 folders and 1 file on my laptop GD not on my iphone GD, and one file on the iphone GD not on the laptop,,,they share one whopping big folder, but I think I loaded them separately !
by the way, I recollect that my tablet (Android) GD acess has the iphone files

okay, the iOS application shows you the directory structure of all files. They don't take up any space on your iPhone . You can select a file to view "Offline".

Okay, but how do I access my laptop GD files on my iphone GD, and how do I access my iphone GD files from my laptop GD ?
Can I make my cell and tablet part of my homegroup ? It specifies communication only for windows 7 members
Same problwm for windows networks, no ?

yes, you will encounter a lot of problems sharing files between windows and ios devices. Even when you get to view them or the link to the file there is not much you can do with it.

Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech