Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

T have a tohsiba l875- 7306S satellite laptop. When I tried

Customer Question
to do power reset several...
T have a tohsiba l875- 7306S satellite laptop. When I tried to do power reset several times and all I get is blinking light blue/white light. Have tried power power reset option several times with several factory batteries (one old'ish and one brand new). Replaced motherboard because computer was doing same thing prior to this step. Same thing. Also, when AC adapter is plugged in no light indicating battery is charging. What is the next step??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
10/24/2015
Laptop technician: aitizaz, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
aitizaz
aitizaz, Software Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer! I am Aitizaz and i will assist you today.

can you confirm that you have already replaced the motherboard of the laptop? if so, what else did you change?

Replaced the motherboard with same model Tosiba motherboard. Upgraded chip to core i5 from core i3 (same socket). Replaced heat sink and fan. Replaced battery but old battery, although old, still held charge (very short however) Computer had fallen from bed to floor prior to changes/upgrades and developed issue then. Also, added new a/c charger which I haven't used except in testing/troubleshooting. Old one worked for years. Have also tried booting without memory (8 mg) and took out HDD and put back in. Happy to provide any other details to resolve this. Hope you have the solution. Thanks! Steve

did you change the inverter board?

Don't know what or where inverter board is? Do you mind helping me out here??

Inverter board is a small, elongated chip that connects the graphics card with the LCD screen and sits along the LCD panel. please connect your computer to an external monitor and try to turn it on let me know if you see anything there

Sorry, don't have an external monitor at this apt. Looking for chip now

it is usually beneath the outer cover of the screen, where you see the logo of the computer

Found it. Just to be clearer when I try to power up, nothing happens. Blinking light blinks when a/c plug is in, nothing when a/c cord unplugged. Hope this may help. Thanks!

then you have not connected the motherboard correctly. may be some connections are either lose or missing

Any suggestions as to which connections to check? It it very possible that I made one or more errors I made. This was the 1st time I changed out the m/b for this computer, although I have done a lot of other work on this computer in the past, including rebuilding/ refurbising the heat sink and cooling system Tne m/b was a factory replacement (new) and, again, although I went slow and was pretty careful, very probable that I could have messed up. Any othet suggestions/troubleshooting would be gratefully appreciated. I am happy to spend the extra $20 to have a live call w/ you if you think you can help. Laptop is currently fully disassembled.

i might not be able to help assembling the motherboard/laptop. i will opt out so that any other expert may help you with this. thank you very much for your patience

Laptop technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

With the main fault your describing, no lights when unplugged and no power. We need to check and verify these two cables first.

http://www.nbjack.com/toshiba-l875s7208-l875s7209-l875s7243-l875s7245-power-jack-dc-in-cable-p-560.html

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-C875d-L875d-Button-Zwj10b01/dp/B00IH2ARWO

Thats the DC power jack, and the power button board and cable.. Notice they both have connectors. Those connectors must be firmly attached.

Lets verify those two cables and connectors first. And see if that changes our power symptoms at all..

Thank you for your patience so far,

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Oh.. and to be clear, you dont have to re-assemble the laptop all the way.. You can leave the keyboard off, as long as all connectors to the motherboard and screen are fastened, ram and HDD inserted, and especially the two cables I mentioned..

Dustin, Senior Technician