Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I just purchased a Nexus 7 tablet. Everything has been fine

Customer Question
I just purchased a Nexus...
I just purchased a Nexus 7 tablet. Everything has been fine until last night, I inadvertently clicked on the "navigation voice" and now I cannot get back to the main screen and cannot turn off the tablet. Can you help please? I have downloaded the Android 5.1.1 system update.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
I did get it back to the menu screen last night, but was unable to unlock the "Settings" app which is where I believe I chose the "voice navigation". Everything seems to be locked and I cannot even get back to that screen this morning.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Now I have a screen with "Chrome" "You Tube" "Maps" "Apps" GMail" "Hangouts" and "Camera" in the bot***** *****neup. I cannot open any of them. The "back" "home" and "overview" buttons are now showing but none of them are taking me anywhere. I believe I need to uninstall the Android 5.1.1 app. This is when all my problems started. I will keep the tablet with this screen until you contact me. Thank you.
10/18/2015
Laptop technician: Michael Hannigan, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan

Hello and Welcome. My name is Michael.

Based on the current condition of the unit, It looks like the best and fastest possible way out is to HARD RESET your tablet to its defaults. Keep in mind that by doing so it will set you back as the way the tablet was when you first purchased it deleting all personal data including pictures and videos.

First of all, make sure the tablet is FULLY CHARGED before you begin:

• Turn off the Nexus
  • Press and hold Volume Down and then press and hold Power until the tablet turns on. You should see the word “start”
  • Press Volume Down twice to highlight Recovery Mode. Press Power to confirm your selection
  • Hold down the Power button and press and release the Volume Up button once
  • Press Volume Down twice to highlight Wipe Data / Factory Reset and press Power to confirm
  • Press Volume Down seven times to highlight Yes - Erase All User Data. Once again, press Power to confirm
  • After the reset is finished, reboot your device.

If your Nexus appears to lock up during any of these steps, you can restart it by pressing and holding Power for a few seconds.

Please let me know if you require any additional help on this matter.

Thank you.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer