Richard, Laptop Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

My vizio c15 laptop won't power up or turn on with power

Customer Question

My vizio c15 laptop won't power up or turn on with power cord plugged in.
Category: Laptop
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I fix it ASAP?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you please remove the power cable and hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable and try to turn it on

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, tried and nothing happened.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Thanks

When you turn it on, do you head any fans start inside of it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. no sounds, lights or anything
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok, repeat the initial procedure we did but do not connect the power cable and turn it on, tell me if it then starts please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was working fine until power ran almost down while using on a plane. Plugged in when access to an outlet but did not show that was charging or seem to recognize that plugged in. Got low battery warning so shut off to attempt to restart but would not restart when plugged in.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok, try the procedure again by disconnecting the power cable, hold power down for 60 seconds, release. then press it again please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Attempted to turn on by holding power button for extended time, letting charge plugged in for over an hour, pushing reset button all without success two days ago. This morning plugged in and turned on and it did come on, but did not recognize charging then shut off after about 1 minute and will not turn on again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
repeating procedure without plugging it in also no response
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Thanks

It is the internal power supply that has faulted. A capacitor on it is shorting out and this is why its failing. It will have shorted when it ran down on power.

Residue power can cause this but we have ruled this out now, the motherboard in the Laptop will have to be replace sorry.

It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's too bad. Thank you for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is but it can happens with all laptops, and your welcome

If you need anything else please let me know

and please if you can do the service rating of me.

Thank you