arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  2+ years of experience in Laptop Troubleshooting.
50085326

I have a Lenovo laptop that something came through when a

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo laptop that something came through when a program was downloaded that is making it slow and not work. I tried to restore it and delete programs in safe mode but it isn't working. I had a ton of pop ups on the internet (haven't seen that in forever), so I researched and purchased a spyware......it fixed it and now is a nightmare, it was making start up slow as hell and I deleted it last night....I have a ton of pics I don't want to lose but want to restore to factory settings I think.....i bought it with the operating system and some windows programs on it, so I don't have a installation cd :/ guy is not in business anymore that built it so I can't get a hold of him to help me.........help?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** to verify everything has gotten slow since the removing of the malicious software is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, my question was all across the board. No, a program was downloaded for work and I since removed it after it made my computer incredibly slow. I then started having pop ups on the browser, so I downloaded SpyHunter4, it helped and works on my desktop pretty good, but it would scan all the time and freeze up my laptop, so I removed it as well to see if that was the issue. My computer was pretty fast before that program was downloaded for work, so I have deleted everything since then that has been downloaded. Something must have came in behind one of them?!?

First I would advise downloading two programs the first is ccleaner which can be found at www.ccleaner.com it can clean the registry for you. The other program would be malewarebytes at www.malewarebytes.com. The next thing you will want to do is to do a disk cleanup and then a defragment which would speed the machine up. Do you know how to do a disk cleanup and defragment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will do that. No, I don't know how to do a disk cleanup and defragment.

What version of windows are you using so I can tell you how to do these tasks?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok sorry I finally got home and got this laptop up and on. I can't even get onto a browser. It's just spinning won't even let me Ctrl alt delete. Tried safe mode but won't let me get online either. I was able to open google chrome but Pop ups started coming up....ugh!

You may need to download malewarebytes and save it to a flash drive from another computer and transfer it to the machine in question same for ccleaner. What version of windows are you using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's windows 7 professional 32 bit

Ok download those programs and then you are going to want to install and run them on that machine in question. To do a disk cleanup you will want to go to the start menu then all programs and then accessories and then system tools then click on disk cleanup. When you run it make sure you choose system files. Once it scans a second time make sure you put a check in each box and then proceed with the cleanup. Then once that is done go back into system tools and choose disk defragmentor. You will want to defragment the c drive by clicking on the c drive then defragment now. That will speed the machine up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh god. I downloaded the cleaner and other download on work pc so I could save to thumb drive and now my computer is frozen or pulling up pop up advertisements and opening windows in Firefox saying pc support needed. Just like my other computers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just going to take them ink a repair shop. I'm trying to delete everything I just downloaded from my work pic now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you get a kickback from downloads but this is crazy. Now my work computer is jacked up with these pop ups. Please refund my money.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category, i wish you to work on your issue.

Can i start a remote session so that i can better check issue on your computer...

Please download and run this tool on your computer

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=3e6e4721-f997-4acc-95c5-c09582b9eae6

Procedure:

1: Click Above link

2: Click I Agree button

3: CLick Download

4: Double click downloaded file to run

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Hello sir,

Didn't find you back.

Would you please let me know if you are still waiting for answer.

Thanks,

Fiyaz