Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been fixing computers since last 7 years
33602187

My aspire z3761 shuts down if left length of time. It wont

Customer Question

My aspire z3761 shuts down if left for any length of time. It wont restart by clicking on mouse or keyboard. Have to turn it off and restart and often it takes 2 or 3 trys to restart. Sent it to Acer about a year ago to replace drive, is this the same problem recurring or is there something I can try to fix?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Sandy replied 1 year ago.

Hi,I'm Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.

I'm sorry about the issue.

I will work with you until it is fixed.

Please reply at the box given below and type your queries/result at the box given below.

There could be various reasons for this issue:

A.

Some hidden malware/spyware/adware could be causing this issue:

I suggest you to scan your computer using free version of Super anti-spyware software. This will remove all of the malwares, spywares and viruses from the computer.

Note: If you already have installed Anti-virus programs like Norton, mcafee, CA, kaspersky on the computer, still I suggest you to download and install Super anti-spyware as the Anti-virus program does not remove Malwares/adwares/spywares effectively.

You can download the free version using the link given below:

http://www.superantispyware.com/

Please run quick scan to complete the scan in 10-15 minutes.

B. Run disk cleanup as under:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Delete-files-using-Disk-Cleanup

C. Run disk Check:

1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.

2. Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now. If you are prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.

To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will simply report problems but not fix them.

To perform a thorough disk check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the hard disk itself, and it can take much longer to complete.

and choose Schedule disk check.

Restart your computer and allow it to complete.

Note: This process will take 3-4 hours to complete. Please leave the computer ON and connect it to power cord.

If you have any other query regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else, if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, Sandy