Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I have a Kirabook laptop (Serial No 5E176517H) and I have

Customer Question

I have a Kirabook laptop (Serial No 5E176517H) and I have upgraded to Windows 10.
Recently I have been getting an critical error message which says that the start menu is not working and that it will be repaired on the next re-boot..
That does not happen and I'm still getting the same error message
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to check/fix the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm a bit concerned about remote connection and security

No problem. Can you type me the exact message you're getting?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
CRITICAL ERROR
Your start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in
SIGN OUT NOW

Are you running avast anti virus?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not familiar with that programme.......the only anti-virus I'm running is Nortons Anti-Virus

1. Hold CTRL + ALT + DELETE to open task manager.

2. Click File -> and choose Run New Task
3. Type powershell and click OK

4. Now right click powershell from the task bar and select run as administrator
5. Then type the following command in PowerShell and hit enter.
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kamil,I followed your directions and the blue dialogue box has disappeared but the task bar still doesn't seem to working...ie clicking on the internet icon used to throw up all available WiFi networks now it doesn't...I can't type anything in the search box etcAny suggestions

Please download and install ClassicShell from here and then test: http://www.classicshell.net/

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kamil,I have down loaded the Classic Shell as suggested.....it seems to be working OK but the icons (on the right next to the clock) on the existing task bar as supplied by Win 10 still do not work and nor does the Search Window o the left hand side?

Can you now uninstall ClassicShell and then test ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kamil,I have uninstalled Classic Shell but the task bar still does not work as it did when I first installed Windows 10

Unfortunately; these were the fixes available. I can now take a look at this remotely if you like and troubleshoot it but if you are not comfortable with that then i can opt out and open the question to other experts. Let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not comfortable with remote access and I am disappointed that you have been unable to solve my problem.
Also I have noticed that my account has been debited with $5 and $53......I understood that there was no charge if the problem was not solved....please arrange for a the above funds to be credited to m account
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
In addition I do not wish you to continue to try to solve this problem for me.....I will try other means.

I will request the refund as per your request. As i am a tech only i cannot assist further with billing issues but you can email***@******.***. Thanks