Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have an HP pavilion desk top modle p6310y. when i turn it

Customer Question
on . it just stays...
i have an HP pavilion desk top modle p6310y. when i turn it on . it just stays on the hp page and will not proceed . it gives options on the page t press f9 for diagnostics and such . but when i press it nothing happens . so i am trying to put in the recovery
disk . but it will not start . it just goes to the hp page ans stays there no matter what i press
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
9/10/2015
Laptop technician: Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast

Hello my name is***** am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. Usually when this happens it means the hard drive is not able to proceed or the bios is getting stuck. Can you shut down the machine and remove the battery for me by chance?

i already replaced the hard drive . but i never removed the battery . let me try that i guess

Remove the battery and then power the machine on. Also have you loaded an operating system on the new hard drive yet?

no because nothing works.
it just goes to the hp screen .
so do i put the battery back in ,before i power it on .

No you can put it back in. What kind of software are you loading into the drive? Is it the original recovery software by chance? Or a windows disk?

its the original recovery cds . 3 of them from the geek squad at best buy.
however i turned it back on and it just shows the same screen. hp with f options f10 options etc,
i have a windows 7 cd i can use if i have to install that first . beacuse its a new hard drive and has never been formatted
what is my first step. if i can ever get off this hp page ??

Ok put in disk on and restart and push F12 tell me if you get any options. You may have to push it repeatidly when you see the HP screen come up.

ok

Let me know what happens

it restarts and a screen comes up and states rebbot and select proper device and insert media then press any key.
so i do that and its still the same screen

Ok what is the model number of this machine I need to see what triggers the boot options on your model.

i have an HP pavilion desk top modle p6310y thanks

Ok restart the machine and this time push the esc key when you see the hp logo and tell me what is listed.

ok it just takes me back to the boot menu .
insert media and press any key

OK you didn't push it a few times at all and it's not giving you any boot options when doing this?

i pushed esc several times before the hp logo because it does nothing once the hp logo is up no matter what you press and thats what it gave me,
the boot menu again
are you saying push it once ?
hello . i still need help please .
hello i was dumped by ***** ***** and nobody is willing to help me ,,>>>>>>>>>.911
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Hi there and welcome

I am really sorry about that. I can work with you on this.

Do you still need assistance with this problem?

i still need help

Thank,

Which version of windows was installed on it?

windows 8.1
Richard, Laptop Specialist