Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My ideatab is stuck in auto repair after it had a failure in

Customer Question
Hello my ideatab is stuck...
Hello my ideatab is stuck in auto repair after it had a failure in installing updates. What can i do to get win up? Ted
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
9/8/2015
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Hi there and welcome

As the first step, can you hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Then power it on and tell me please what it then does

Says preparing automatic repair

ok, can you give it 10 minutes and tell me what then happens please

Now diagnosing PC then to automatic repair couldn't fix your pc

Now what options does it give you?

Shut down and advanced options

ok, choose Advance options

What are you offered?

Continue. Turn off PC.use a device.and troubleshoot

ok, choose troubleshoot, then advance then system restore

Run a system restore and let this complete please

Let me know if it then starts

Says no system restore points have been created

ok, choose then refresh my pc, you are going to have to reinstall your programs again but it will save your data. Do not choose RESET my PC. Choose refresh

Let me know the results please

Says there was a problem resetting your PC and there in a cancel button

ok, go to Advance, then command prompt and it will take you to a screen you can type on

Tell me when your there please

There

type in sfc /scannow

Press enter

Does it scan?

After the windows system 32 prompt?

yes please

Says cannot start repair service

ok, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter

What does it then say?

Says can't run disk checking because its write protected
Also says the type of file is is NTFS cannot lock current drive

does it offer to run on restart?

Nope
Just can't run disk checking on this volume because its write protected

Thanks

It is the internal hard drive that has crashed, we have ruled out all other caused for this.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. But the hard disk will have to be replaced physically.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

How much does this run in cost

The repair, if not covered by warranty is about $150 including labor.

I bought it off someone I knew windows was never activated this was 1st updates 161 that it installed but could not configure

It was then that it crashed, during the updates.

I would get my money back from them, it would have been very likely they would have seen something was up, as you get a lot of performance issues and errors generally in the lead up to this, unless it was dropped or hit hard.

Was 2nd time I turned it on looks brand new but oh well

ok, it can just be bad luck, but we did all steps to repair it, even manually and it fails on all which confirms this as the issue sorry

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Laptop Specialist