Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have a Toshiba L655D Model # PSK2LU-02H00D It's about 7

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba L655D Model...
I have a Toshiba L655D
Model # *****
It's about 7 years old. Bought brand new. I have replaced the battery 2 times and the battery cord a third time now. It turns on, but as of yesterday, this screen remains black- but the computer is powered on. Have never experienced any screen problems before...flickering and randomly turning off before.
Please help?? Any suggestions that can get this baby working again?
Thank you!!!!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
I'm sorry, my problem has to do with my Toshiba laptop- not a TV! :)
9/2/2015
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you remove the battery and power cable then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.

Once done, connect the battery and power cable and tell me please if it now turns on.

Okay...trying now...

thank you

Took out battery. Disconnected cord. Held power button for 60 seconds. Put items back in.
Same result- powers on but screen remains black.

ok, leave out the battery then try with just power please

Take out the battery again...and try powering it on?

yes, with no battery please

Got it. And hold power button for 60 seconds again?
Done. What's next?

no, try to turn it on with no battery in it please

and tell me if it starts please

No. It's not starting with the battery absent as well.

ok, put the battery in but leave the power cable out

Does it then start?

My battery is dead now, light is blinking. So no it did not without the cord.
Put the cord in now?

No, its ok

It is the motherboard that has faulted, We have ruled out all other causes for this

I am really sorry about this and you are going to replace this, although I would strongly suggest to replace the entire laptop as one this old is going to be very hard to source the motherboard. You did get good use out of this though. But the motherboard has failed sorry (will be the video card on it)

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you for your time

your most welcome, if you need anything else, please let me know

And please remember the service rating

Thank you

Richard, Laptop Specialist