Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Just received my Toshiba laptop but I can't get pass the go

Customer Question

Just received my Toshiba laptop but I can't get pass the go online screen which asks me to select a WiFi name or select skip. I want to skip but I'm not allowed to since it will not highlight so that I can depress it. Do I need to subscribe to an internet service to get up and running. Will the hotspot that I use on my smartphone and tablet work on my computer?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold the Power on/off button on the laptop for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on, then see if you can skip?

If that does not work, yes, using the hotspot should work; please try.

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive turned the computer on and off several times and always get stuck at the same screen. I cant get to the next step which is settings so i cant add my hotspot.

I'm sorry, at that screen, what happens when you click on the option to select a Wi-Fi? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no more money to spend.

There is no more cost, and we guarantee our service, so don't worry. What happens when you click on the option to select a Wi-Fi?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can select one but i dont know the security code

On your smartphone, go to Settings -> Tethering and/or hotspot, etc., and check the password ***** Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did find my hotspot and security but its not on the list in the laptop. Anyway i guess i will try again another time. Its late got to get some sleep to go to work

Sorry about that. Tomorrow or whenever you can, on the smartphone, go to Settings -> Tethering and/or hotspot, etc., and change the (broadcast) channel to another number, like number 6 or 11, etc. and check. Try different channel numbers as needed until it shows up on the laptop. If needed, try setting up a laptop at another wireless place, like at friend's house. Good night. Please get back to me whenever you are available. Thank you for your patience.