Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I purchased a new laptop. I can't remember my wifi password

Customer Question

I purchased a new laptop. I can't remember my wifi password ***** I can connect to my wifi connection.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the model of your Internet/wireless modem/router device?

Do you have a (old) laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Mac is wireless and is what I'm using to respond to you.

Thank you. From your Mac computer that is currently connected via wireless, please do the following in order to retrieve your Wi-Fi/wireless password:

1. Open Finder/Apple logo, then select Applications, then Utilities. Then open Keychain Access
  2. If needed, select System under Keychains column on the left. If needed, select All Items under Category on the left.
  3. Then you'll see your network name on the right column. (It will have a kind of AirPort network password.)
  4. Double-click on your network name.
  5. Select tiny box at Show password.
  6. Enter your Mac administrator's password, and press the Enter key. If you don't have one, just leave it blank and press the Enter key.
  7. Then you will see your wireless password ***** security key / password (it is case-sensitive.)

Please reply back at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.