yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  I have earned my 13+ years of knowledge through self-taught repairs, research, studying and plain old trial and error.
71069233

My laptop keeps freezing up on me. I can't even open the

Customer Question

My laptop keeps freezing up on me. I can't even open the task manager. Can you help me?
Category: Laptop
Expert:  yourteqrepair replied 2 years ago.

I can help if you are available

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an HP laptop, it doesn't have a micro usb for power. its power cord connects with a round end.

Sorry i sent that other info to the wrong Question. Are you familiar with windows safe mode and how to put your computer into it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

If you can get into safe mode with networking enabled I can remote in and assess what items are slowing your computer. Typically there are a number of startup items, services and scheduled items that tend to slow the computer down.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm back. I couldn'1 open the question and answer by using the links, so I moved to be by my pc. i still couldn't open them. so I found a link from my last question.

are you able to get into safe mode with networking?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It first started happening only with Norton 360 backup. now it's mostly internet explorer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it's in safe mode with networking

download the following and run it. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx . It will give you all the items that are starting up with the computer etc.. be careful of what you delete. i would just disabled items to determined the issue for now.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the link doesn't work, nor did copying it to the navigation pane.

It should. I just replicated it. Do you have another browser you can try it on? If not search for Autoruns for Windows in google. download only from microsoft.com site

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
got it. I don't know what most of these things are.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I made to the ms and it stopped working. windows says to clos it and they will notify me if a solution is available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you there? I thought you were going to remote in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to take 10min and fix something to eat, since you seem to have left.
Sorry new to site.working getting remote login setup
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm back.

can you email me at***@******.*** So we can setup remote desktop.

Can you please close this ticket. I believe we have solved the issue via remote last night. Thanks