Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

How to get past the Gateway logo and boot up on a Window 8

Customer Question
Gateway laptop?...
How to get past the Gateway logo and boot up on a Window 8 Gateway laptop?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
8/18/2015
Laptop technician: dresteve2000, Computer Engineer replied 2 years ago
dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Engineer

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! You may or not be able to restore your machine using the restore partition (if it has one), do you see anything to this effect inside the InsydeH20 Setup Utility? If not, we would need a Win 8 system disk to perform a repair or restore

We are looking for our Windows 8 system disk ... the laptop was purchased with windows 8 installed. There is nothing inside the InsydeH20 Setup utility..other than tabs: Info; Main; Security; Boot; Exit .... The laptop is a Gateway NE56R. Hopefully, you can help us get to "Safe" mode and go from there.

When you are at the Gateway screen "F8" does not do anything?

That would be the only way to get in to Safe Mode

If you cannot locate the disk, you can always re-order one from Gateway...sometimes they will charge for it but typically I have seen them deliver it without cost

As we just moved from province to province, we no longer can find disk you refer to. I guess the only option is to get the computer back to factory status. I realize this will destroy all data.. but will the OS Window 8 installed be still ok?

It should work correctly once restored to factory status, yes

How do I best restore it to factory status?

Would need a Win 8 startup disk...I can give you the correct Gateway contact info to obtain it

You can contact via phone listed on this link or by email: http://us.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/contact-support

Ok... What is it? .... I have paid for Windows 8.1 for my other laptop and have not installed it on anything yet. Do you think that would work?

Windows 8.1 disc should also work, yes

Open your email account
select the Settings button (On the Samsung S4 Lower LH button)
Select the account
select Security Options (On the Samsung S4)
Unselect Sign all

If in an email, select the settings (On the Samsung S4 Lower LH Button)
select Security Options
Unselect Sign all

Sorry that last message was sent by error

dresteve2000
dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Engineer