Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My printer was set up to be connected with my mother in law's

Customer Question
laptop- how can I switch...
my printer was set up to be connected with my mother in law's laptop- how can I switch it to being connected to mine?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
7/31/2015
Laptop technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Hi! What is the make/model of the printer?
hp deskjet 3521
The printer can connect to multiple computers through wireless. On your computer.. Click here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Deskjet-3520-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/5162504/model/5231943#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1 Click on Download next to HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers Download then run the installation for the program.
If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
It's still not working
Did you install the software?
I downloaded like you said then tried to print- it said to check my printer. My printer said to set up wireless and I couldn't figure out how to do it
Did you run the downloaded software? There are two steps -- downloading and running the program
sorry for taking so long to get back to you- I had to get a new chord to pug in my printer in the mail
No problem -- Make sure you run the downloaded program otherwise nothing was installed
I think it was installed.. but now the printer needs to be connected to wireless and said it needed a code.. I tried and couldn't figure it out
Correct -- the printer needs the Wi-Fi password. Do you need help retrieving that password?
I just tried to print something again and only see the option for a Microsoft printer now; last time it had my hp printer on there too. do I need to download again?
do I need to press ePrint on my printer to set it up?
You will need to connect to the printer to your wireless network (that is done on the printer) then install/run the program that I gave you and it will find that printer and install the drivers/software
Oh!!
Yes :) Let me know how it goes
do I press eprint? If I press ePrint- it says
Not Connected
SSID:N/A
MAC:28-92-4A-65-E3-03
Wireless Direct:On
then I press continue and it says
wireless on
wireless direct on
for set up it says press the button on my router for three seconds and I did and the printer shows a progress line for 3 minutes
Did you press and hold down the WPS button on the router for about 5 seconds? It is not finding the printer if it stays on your screen for 3 minutes
ok- I think I need to buy a usb chord to connect printer to laptop
You can connect the printer via USB if you wish but it has the option for wireless/Wi-Fi too
yeah- but the wireless setup is not working
That is up to you if you wish to use a direct connection via USB
Josh, Computer Enthusiast