Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I turned my laptop on but just get a black screen. The keyboard

Customer Question
I turned my laptop on...
I turned my laptop on but just get a black screen. The keyboard lights up. What shall I do. I read somewhere to try pushing the little button by the headphone input, but this did nothing.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
7/29/2015
Laptop technician: John, Laptop Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
John, Laptop Support Specialist
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Sir/Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can help you better1. Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8 or any other2. Please specify the make and full model of the laptop?3. How old is this laptop?4. When did this problem started?5. When you turn on the laptop does it make any beep sounds?Sincerely,John
#1. Windows 8
#2. Lonovo Ultrabook model 20344
#3. Purchased at or less than 1 yr ago
#4. No
Is this a live chat???
Yes it is,Thank you for the details.Is this Lenovo Yoga series ?
Yes
Thank you for the update.one moment while i check for the details.
Cannot find the correct details,i will keep on checking it in the mean time please see on the bottom of the laptop whether the battery can be removed
It can not
OK on the bottom of the laptop please check for the following1.Laptop full model details2.Look for a pin hole on the bottom of the laptop which says reset
The model is lonovo yoga 2/13 model name 20344. SN CB30257526. PN 59403750.
I do not see any buttons on the bottom of the case but there is what appears to be a reset button on the side. I do not want to lose any of my stored information if possible
Is this reset button on the top of keyboard or DVD or USB side of the laptop.if possible could you please take a picture of this and upload it here so that i can get a clear picture of it.
No, my laptop does not look like that on the bottom and I did not see any holes on the bottom
Is there anyway we can finish this in the morning for no additional charge? I have to get up early for work
please give me five more minutesDoes the button you mentioned says reset on it? because i cannot see the writings on the image
There is no writing by the button. It appears to have either a clock beside it or a circle with a line through it. It's very small and I can't tell
OK that can be Screen rotation lock button.Press and hold the power button for 2 or 3 seconds to completely power off the laptop then remove the power adapter then remove any usb devices connected too then press that button you mentioned and see if there is any change.
If that doesn't work again press and hold the power button for 2 or 3 seconds to completely power off the laptop.Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then release the power button wait for 5 seconds the try to Turn on the laptop and please let me know the status.
Still a black screen
have you tried the second step i gave which is "Again press and hold the power button for 2 or 3 seconds to completely power off the laptop.Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then release the power button wait for 5 seconds the try to Turn on the laptop and please let me know the status."
Yes, still a black screen
Can you hear windows loading sound or any windows sound while its blank?
I only hear the fan running when it is on. Nothing else
Have you tried connecting it to a external screen like a TV or computer screen using HDMI cable?
No
Is it possible for you to check that now i know its late there,sorry for asking in such a late time
No, it's 3:30am and I need to get up at 6. I'm not sure where my HDMI is at the moment. Can we continue this discussion tomorrow afternoon?
There is nothing much to check other than connecting it to external monitor.If its showing on external monitor then its a laptop screen issue which needed to be replaced by taking it to the service center.if the external screen also is not working then i am really sorry to say that this seems to be a hardware fault mainly motherboard issue but to check more you need to take it to the nearest Lenovo service center so that they can take out the motherboard and run further tests and fix it.Before you mentioned that the laptop is less than a year old so most likely it will be on warranty so i suggest you take it to the nearest service center as soon as possible and fix it for free.We have tried all possible ways to fix it without tampering the warranty.Is that clear to you?
Is there anything else you like to know?
What will the bill be put this chat?
That will be the amount you deposited when you posted this question also you can see that on the top of this page.I just checked the warranty using the serial number you provided before and it shows that the laptop is still under warranty.You can find the nearest service center using this link http://bplocator.lenovo.com/ Is there anything else you like to know ?
Your laptop warranty and support options can be checked using this link https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist?linkTrack=Contact%20Us_step2:link9_Support%20Phone%20List
Thank you. That is all
You are welcome.If you do not need further assistance please rate positively using the options just below this reply box or above this page select the rating and click on submit that will do it.If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John
John, Laptop Support Specialist