Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My acer aspire power is not coming on . What can I do

Customer Question
My acer aspire power is...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/26/2015
Laptop technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
Please, do the following to solve your problem:
- Unplug the power from the Aspire.
- Remove the battery.
- Wait 1 minute.
- Plug the battery and the charger back into the Aspire.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Turn the Aspire on.
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason
Jason, the power did not come on
Thank you for the update.I am sorry to report, but the computer may have failed, which means you will have to bring it into a repair shop. Is it still under any type of warranty?One other question, when you plug the charger into the computer and charge it, does the Charge Light located on the computer turn on?
No it does not
In that case, the next step is to replace the charger with another charger. You can purchase one rather cheaply. If the light doesn't come on, it may be a simple issue with the charger. More often than not, the charger goes bad far earlier than the computer. As of right now, you will need to replace the charger. If you wish for me to locate a replacement for you, please tell me the full model name of your computer.
The model is Acer Aspire E1-531-4877. It is an Intel 8960 processor.
Thank you for the update.
You can replace the faulting charger with the following one: http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-E1-572-6870-E1-470P-6659-E1-531-2438-E1-571-6837/dp/B00G74W588/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1B0BN65ABYS2XR9YW3KR
I very much look forward to your rating of my help on the top of this page. That is done by choosing the number of stars to rate me and clicking the submit button.
If you have any issues later on, please let me know.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Jason Jones, Computer Technician