Michael Norman
Michael Norman, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  Director of Technology
77547562

My acer aspire 5750g screen won't start up. Was working then restarted now black. Tri

Customer Question

My acer aspire 5750g screen won't start up. Was working then restarted now black. Tried fn ESC method nothing
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Michael Norman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is, Mike. I'd like to try and assist you with your issue.1) Make sure the laptop is booting up when you turn it on. Do any lights come on?2) If the laptop is not booting up, remove the battery, plug in the power cord with the battery out and see if it will boot up. This is more than likely a battery problem and on some laptops you can bypass this by removing the battery and using the power cord.3) If the computer is booting up but you are only getting a black screen, plug the laptop up to an external computer monitor. This will help troubleshoot if it is your laptop's LCD that has gone bad.4) If the screen is not the problem, the issue is the hard drive itself. Unfortunately there is no fix for a hard drive issue. You would have to take it to a shop like Geek Squad where they could retrieved the data off of the hard drive and copy it to a new hard drive for you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1) yes the blue lights are on at the front of the computer. The fan sounds like it is starting and stoping.I have tried an external computer monitor and nothing comes up.HDD is fine check in a dock and can see all the files.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried moving the ram module to the secondary slot and then start computer it continues a loop of restarting the computer
Have you tried booting the computer in Safe Mode?
Turn the computer off by unplugging it and removing the battery. Then when you press the power button hit the F8 key repeatedly until you get to the screen that gives you the option of booting up in Safe Mode.
Select the Safe Mode option and see if it boots that way. If it does, run a System Restore.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot see anything on the screen to get to safe mode.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a black screen at boot and I can hear the fan starting and gets louder and louder then stops. And does the same again.
You could be dealing with a RAM or a motherboard issue. Do you have access to another stick of RAM that you can try?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just put in another ram (not sure if its right type.) But computer starts and then makes a click noise and then restarts. Continues in loop
Have you tried booting it up with out the battery installed and only the power cable hooked up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. Same issues
Do you have access to another laptop that works that you can put your RAM in and test it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ram is fine in second laptop
Can you swap hard drives and try booting off of the hard drive. You day you put it in a cradle and could see the files, but try actually booting from it. If that works, then that leaves your motherboard as the culprit.