Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  15 Years saving Laptops from the recyling bin! Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My keyboard stopped working

Customer Question

my keyboard stopped working
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Since the problem started with a virus, and since you have removed the virus. Lets try to turn back the clock. Since you can only use your mouse or touchpad. Then try this , swipe in from the right side of the screen. Click the search or magnifying glass icon. Then type in recovery now click on the item that says only recovery then click open system restore. Click, restore my computer to an earlier point, then click next..We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started. ( before the virus preferably )Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the keyboard (usb ) issue or not. If the USB keyboard is working, then your wireless keyboard should also work. ( but you may need to resync it ) If you run into any issues or get stuck during these steps, let me know! I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the problem started way before the date that shows. i can not type a date in.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Is there a box you can click to show older or show more dates?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no thanks any way
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
This issue is still repairable.. Would you like to continue? Your last response made it seem like you want to stop. Please clarify..