Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Toshiba, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, Asus, Samsung, HP, Compaq
23511658

Acer aspire messave .bootmcr is missing

Customer Question

Acer aspire messave .bootmcr is missing
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. In this case where part of the boot sector is missing, you will have to do a recovery. If your Acer has Windows 8 on it, and in some cases if it has Windows 7, you can get to the recovery by tapping F8 right after turning on the computer. Tap F8 into you get to the recovery menu where you should be able to do a recovery and get your system back to booting that way. If not, just let me know with any other details you can provide and I'll hope you work it out. Mike