Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

Windows 8. Aspire E1-470P-6659. My touch-screen function suddenly does

Customer Question

Windows 8. Aspire E1-470P-6659. My touch-screen function suddenly doesn't work at all. If I go to Device Manager>Human Interface Devices>HID-compliant touchscreen, I get the message "This device is working properly" under the General tab and, under the Driver tab I get a "Disable" key but no "Enable" key.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Can you try cleaning the screen and see if that works?
Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cleaned the screen. The touchscreen function does not work anyplace on the screen, although it worked perfectly for more than a year until yesterday.
Did you wipe clean it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
do you have any important data on this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The data -- what I've tried to fix the problem -- is in my original message.
I have read the original question. I need to know if we reset your aspire to troubleshoot the issue, do you need / have any important data or files which you should save first before resetting the tablet? If there is no important data, then we can go to reset it straight away.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you receive my reply? Yes, I do have a lot of important documents and data on my computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What happened to you? Where are you?
Okay. The solution i have in mind is to reset to factory defaults. So what i will do is opt out and open the question to other experts who may have different ideas then mine. At this stage, you do not need to wait or reply, until another experts send you a message. When they do, you will be notified by e-mail. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How long do I have to wait? Why did you charge my credit card before we were finished? Would you please refund my $38?
I will request this to be refunded, the question will be closed after i request this refund. Since i am a tech only, i cannot assist with billing questions, if you have any billing questions, please email***@******.*** - Thanks