Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I opened up my laptop this morning and it went straight to the signin

Customer Question

I opened up my laptop this morning and it went straight to the signin screen asking for my password. When I tried to type it in, nothing would type. after trying turning it off several times with the same results, I noticed up under my email address it said "Locked" I have never locked my computer before nor do I know how unlock it
Steve
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today I'm sorry about the issue, To unlock your computer screen please follow these instructions : If you are using a Mouse: click any mouse button.If you are using a Keyboard: Press any key, and the lock screen slides away.If you are using Touch scteen : Touch the screen with your finger and then slide your finger up the glass. A quick flick of the finger will do.Let me know the results please Thank you
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
do you still need help please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your answers don't work. When I turn on my computer, it goes directly to the page with the blue screen and an icon of a person. I has my name, email address and box saying "password".
When I normaly turn on my computer, the windows icon comes on and it takes a while to load up windows. Then it will go to the page above.When I turn it on and it goes to the sign in page asking for the password, I have no control with either a mouse nor the touch pad. I can't click on any button, it can't type anything, i even tried contro/alt/deleate with no results. So I can't click a mouse button, or press a keyboard key as you suggested and have it do anything. Please let me know what to do to get my laptop unlocked so that I can use it.Steve Weston
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 2 years ago.
What is the model/brand of your laptop ? also do you have a recovery disc ? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My laptop is a Lenovo. I am not sure of the model # ***** it could be a G6500. I also remembered that I had another problem that occured a 4 - 5 days before it wouldn't let me type on the login page. Whenever I tried to click on the start icon at the bottom left of the screen, to shut down the computer I couldn't click on it with the mouse. I had to physicaly push the off button.I hope this information helps you find the solutions for my problem.Steve Weston