Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have an Acer E1-570, just bought a new Netgear Modem

Customer Question
Hi, I have an Acer...
Hi, I have an Acer E1-570, just bought a new Netgear Modem Router, I have a MFC9330CDW Wireless colour printer. The internet is working, but I couldn't print from my laptop as it kept showing the printer is offline. So the lapttop couldn't get connect the printer, I think the printer is connected to the router as I printed a WLAN report showing Connection OK. How can I get the laptop connected to the printers? I tried to used the cable, it didn't work either. Hope you can help me out! Thanks! Grace
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
7/12/2015
Laptop technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 2 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please tell me which Windows version is installed on your Acer laptop.
Example:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8 / 8.1
Thanks,
Windows 8
Thanks for the information!
Please follow these instructions:
1. Access desktop
2. Move the cursor to the bottom right corner and you will see a new pane. Click on the Settings icon and there select Control Panel
3. When the Control Panel window opens, click on the "Hardware and Sound" category and then on "Devices and Printers"
4. There you should see a list of all installed printers. Since you say the printer has already been installed, but it is not working, I suggest you to first remove it and then re-add it. To do that, right click on empty space in the "Devices and Printers" section and select "Add a printer". Windows will then search the printer on your network and should automatically re-install it.
Once done, check if it is working.
Let me know the results.
Hi!
Were you able to re-install the printer by following my instructions?
Hi again!
Do you still require assistance with this issue?
Let me know,
Hi!Were you able to read my messages sent to you?
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer