Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

My gateway laptop doesn't come on. Was workig fine yesterday;

Customer Question
then an aviso came on...
my gateway laptop doesn't come on. Was workig fine yesterday; then an aviso came on that it needed to be plugged in soon or find alternative source. Oddly, the laptop WAS plugged in! I unplugged and removed the battery, tried pushing power button, nothing even after an overnght rest and charge
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
7/4/2015
Laptop technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Before I make any suggestions, I need to ask you some questions and have you perform some tests to eliminate some possibilities so we can isolate the correct solution, for your specific situation. To start with, for good measure remove the battery and power cord, then press and hold power for 45 seconds. Then, do not insert the battery. Connect the power cord and try to turn on the computer without the battery.. What happens?
In my original question I mentioned that I already dd this several times.
Nothing happens. The blue light flashes four times, nothing more.
With the battery unplugged, when you press power ( with the plug in ) the blue light flashes four times... Ok.. Now if you plug the battery in, and plug the cord in. What color and what condition is the battery charging light? And then when you press power what happens exactly. ( what flashes, what color, how many times )
blue light flashes 5 times, that's it
hello?
Understood. This could be an issue with your charger. If it was just a failed battery, it would start with the battery removed. It could also be a failed ram chip, or the actual charging port on the computer. Question, are you familair with removing and re-inserting ram chips? Also, if you take the plug where it plugs into the computer. and then try to wiggle it.. does it feel loose? Also if you remove the plug and look inside the socket ( where it plugs into the computer ) does the small metal pin inside the plug look normal? Its not pushed in to far or bent to the left or right is it? Also, send me the full model number of your gateway so I can look up some exact specs on your model, charger, etc. So I can assist you with specific information if the steps above dont reveal anything significant. D.S
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer