Laptop

Laptop Questions? Ask a Laptop Technician for Answers ASAP!

Laptop

I have never had any problems with this laptop until today

Customer Question
is there anyway I would...
I have never had any problems with this laptop until today is there anyway I would be able receive some sort of discount? I only ask because I was able to reset the password ***** all the 7 computers and other devices free of charge in my home, and my $ situation is very tight I live in New Your buy the water and we are still trying to recover: there was 6 feet of water in my home? Please if there is anything you can do to help me with a discount? I am a huge HP product buyer as well I only buy your printer. This hacker situation has really ruined my entire weekend. I was on call from home and with HIPPA laws this is the hospitals computer and the only one that is authorized to use due to patient privacy. I would really appreciate any help you can give me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
6/29/2015
Laptop technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.
Could you type out your question for me so I can help you or find the appropriate expert to help you?
Please reply using the box below.
Regards,
Thank you, ***** *****
I have HP Pavillion dm4 Notebook PC
Product # *****#ABA
SERIAL # *****
Hi I'm having an issue with my HP pavilion it was actually hacked into, they still confidential legal files and change the password ***** log into my system and now I cannot login at all all I have no idea how to change the password ***** a PC laptop
Thanks for the detailed reply!
What operating system have you currently got installed?
Example: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, etc
Windows 7
Thanks!
What you will need to do is create a boot disk from another computer and reset it with the boot disk. The task might be a bit difficult depending on your computer skills but if you follow them correctly you shouldn't have any problems.
Would you like me to send you the instructions now?
Is there anyway I can get a boot disk e-mailed to me????? I am so desperate
Unfortunately a boot disk cannot be emailed because it is a physical disk (an actual CD you must burn with your computer)
Ok. Then yes the directions would be very helpful
Very well, here they are.
Click on the following link to get HBCD (Hiren's Boot CD):
http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
Scroll down and click where it says Hirens.BootCD.15.2.zip to download the file.
You need to burn it on to a CD which will then allow you to use it as a boot disk.
Once you've made the CD, you need to boot from it and boot into the MiniXP environment.
From there you will have the option to do all sorts of things, one of them being a password ***** of any account on the system.
Here's a video showing you how to reset the Windows password:
http://goo.gl/TKVqC5
Once the password ***** been reset, you simply restart, remove the CD, and login with the newly created password.
Martin: I probably sound ignorant with this questions. Would I be able to download one from HP directly? Or does it have to be from this specific laptop?
Good question and no, this boot disk is third party software which is free on the Internet - HP have reset and restore tools but they will erase everything on your computer which you don't want.
You can download and burn the CD from any computer and use it on almost any computer.
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer