Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that when I turn it on the…

Customer Question
I have a Toshiba Satellite...
I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that when I turn it on the Toshiba screen comes on and it looks like it will start. And then then the screen goes blank. You can tell the screen is still on it just doesn't say amything
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2015
Laptop technician: Sandy, Computer Enthusiast replied 2 years ago
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast
Hi, I am Sandy and I look forward to help you today with the best answer possible.
I'm sorry about the issue.
Please follow these steps.
Turn off the laptop.
Disconnect the power cord.
Now unplug the battery. You can turn it over to remove the battery.
Hold down the power button on the laptop for 1 minute.
Now, connect only power cord and restart it.
Let me know the result, please.
Thank you.
Does the same thing. Says preparing to restore and then the screen goes blank. You can tell the screen is still on but it doesn't show anything. After a while it will say something along the lines of restore failed.
What operating system is installed on this computer? Windows 7/8
Do you have an operating system disc or recovery disc that came along with computer when purchased new?
Do you have very important data stored on it or it is already backed up.
Please let me know.
Thank you.
It's windows 8. I do not have a recovery disk and Im not worried about anything on the computer
Please follow these steps once:
A. Try to restore the computer to factory settings as given under:
Turn off your computer.
Now restart the computer by pressing the power button - IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F12 key on the keyboard until the "Boot Menu" screen appears.
Using the arrow keys, select and press "Enter".
On the next screen you are asked to confirm if you want to continue with recovery. Select "Yes".
The computer will bring you to the Advanced startup screen.
Select Troubleshoot. Under Troubleshoot you will see “Refresh” and “Reset.
Choose "Reset" and follow directions.
B. If Steps A does not work,
Please order recovery disc directly from Toshiba as given here:
(Copy and paste this link into address box)
https://support.toshiba.com/repair
Enter serial number on this page and order recovery disc.
Once you get recovery disc, you can restore it to factory settings.
Keep me posted.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Sandy
Sandy
Sandy, Computer Enthusiast