Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I bought an Asus Vivo Tablet and then bought the Asus keyboard.

Customer Question
For the life of me...
I bought an Asus Vivo Tablet and then bought the Asus keyboard. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to hook up the keyboard.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Laptop
6/20/2015
Laptop technician: Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 years ago
Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem, More than likely it's the wrong connection type. If you don't mind me asking does the connector match the charging port by chance?
Not clear what you are asking. The micro end fits into the top of the key board. but the connecter at the other end of the usb cable does not fit anywhere into the tablet. It does fit into the charger that goes into the chargeing port.
OK the charging port is a type of micro USB connect the keyboard there and tell me if it connects. It should let me know.
(###) ###-####
I'm sorry I don't actually have phone support at this time. So from the keyboard the end does match the charging port on the tablet. That is also known as micro USB it's backwards compatible are you able to connect it?
are you going to call me?
I can connect the large end of the usb cable into the charging port. yes.
I am sorry I don't have phone support available at this time. Ok if it is connected see if the keyboard responds. For example go to a website and type a URL or search.
and then I plugged the charged into the wall socket and the light did come on the keyboard
OK try and use the keyboard if it's connected to the tablet.
Its not connect to the table. the micro end is connected to the keyboard and the larger end is connect to the charger and the charger is connected to the wall socket. nothing is connected to the tablet
Ok you mentioned it has the same end on the cord from the keyboard. SO connect the keyboard cable to the tablets usual charging point.
It won't fit. the smaller end of the usb cable has to fit into the port on the keyboard. The larger end of the cable won't fit into the the tablet. That's what is so confusing.
Is it possible that the keyboard and tablet can communicate without being connected to each other once the keyboard is charged? That's the only way I can think that it works.
If the keyboard is wireless or blue tooth it can but if not that would be a different story. If the keyboard has a cable coming out of it you are going to probably get an adapter for it to connect to the tablet.
ok. Just dug deeper into the manual. The port on the keyboard says "only use this port to charge the battery pack." Ah ha! just discovered it is blue tooth!
ok I think we have it. Thnaks! So for sounding like an idiot. Just did not make sense at first.
Laptop technician: Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.
I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of the Asus keyboard? Did it come with the instructions guide / manual?
Can you go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers, then click on the option "Add a device" there in order to set up the bluetooth keyboard?
Edit: Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much for your patience,