Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

Panasonic CF-19R toughbook port replicator not working

Customer Question

panasonic CF-19R toughbook port replicator not working
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Try fitting another port replicator to the Toughbook - if it works ok, this confirms that the driver is working and that the original port replicator has a fault.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried it an still not working,I tried hardware diagnostic,there's an option when you boot your toughbook,but the hardware is working fine.The USB's working on the diagnostic equipment.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Ok what may be wrong here is an intermittent or bad connection between the toughbook and the port replicator. This can happen if the connector on the toughbook is worn. Replacing the connector will resolve the issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks for the response.is it hard to replace the connector?and where can i find an original connector for this model.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
This type of repair is normally carried out by a laptop repair shop who have specialist equipment to desolder the old connector and remove it. They can also obtain the replacement connector for you from their suppliers.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,
I notice your rating for my service has not gone through...
Do you need any further assistance?
Pete.