Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have been using my husband's N52 laptop with the password…

Customer Question
I have been using my...
I have been using my husband's N52 laptop with the password ***** gave me. Today when I try to use it tells me the user name or password ***** ***** How do I get into the laptop? Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Laptop
6/15/2015
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 3 years ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Is it also saying the user profile failed to load?
And which version of windows are you using?
Thank you
The logon screen is all I see with his Name and then block for PW. When I type PW that I have been using it says user name or PW is incorrect. Reset PW comes up as well but no way to do it. I do not have a disk.
User profile not mentioned and it is windows vista home premium that was updated yesterday and now I cannot get in.
Thank you
First, can you turn off the computer
turn it on and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.
Choose Safe Mode.
This should get you into Windows in Safe Mode (you wont have internet but it is not needed for this).
Once in, click Start, and type in
System Restore
Press enter and follow the onscreen instructions to perform a Restore from the last Restore point.
Once completed, tell me if you can now start into Windows normally please.
Thank you
I do not get the start menu. It brings the laptop back to the sign on screen in a wavy looking mode which I assume is safe mode.
no, as you choose it from the menu.
Turn the computer off and as soon as you turn it on you have to keep tapping F8 until you get to the menu.
Try a few times if you do not initially get there please.
I did the first steps--shut down and start again. As soon as it started I pressed f8 until I saw the black and white screen, scrolled down and selected "safe mode." At that point it brought me back to the sign on screen again no start menu was available to me. I don't even see how another user can be set up from that sign-on screen or from the shutdown/restart menu that is generally available in windows.
ok thanks
Go back to the menu again but instead of Safe Mode, choose Advance boot options then choose last known good configuration.
Let this complete and tell me if your password ***** ***** accepted please.
The PW is not accepted.
Ok, then you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, power off the computer. Then start the computer and keep tapping F9 until you get to the recover manager. Then choose to do a Factory Reset. This will delete ALL data from the computer and return it to new so it is then usable again.
2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done via my initial instructions and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.
3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself
Save this file to your computer
Click Me to download
After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.
The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."
After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.
Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.
This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0
After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.
You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.
If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
This laptop has minimal data on it to my knowledge. Can I try option 1 first and then 3? Can I print this page so that I have your instructions available when we disconnect?
yes, that is no problem at all.
You can print this page by pressing CTRL + P
I am printing so ignore that part of my Q.
no problem!