Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Engineer with 7+ yrs. experience as a software troubleshooter, developer & hardware support.
22727371

Need help installing Windows 7 on my Windows 8.1 laptop.

Customer Question

Category: Laptop
Expert:  aitizaz replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! I am Aitizaz and i will be happy to help you.
Do you want to uninstall windows 8.1 and install windows 7 instead or you want to keep both? Also, do you have the disk for installing windows 7?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I want to remove 8.1 if possible. I bought the Windows 7 download at windowsdelivery.com. Can you log into my computer and do it?
Expert:  aitizaz replied 2 years ago.
since you require windows to work on another computer, when i will remove or restart your computer, i will lose connection to it. if possible, please follow the steps that i tell you to uninstall windows 8 and install windows 7 instead.
Let me work on it and i will get back to you in a while.
Expert:  aitizaz replied 2 years ago.
you need to do two things in order to uninstall windows 8 and install windows 7.
1. Boot in to BIOS and disable UEFI mode, change it to Legacy Mode.
2. Windows 7 installation disk
Please let me know the model of your computer for detailed instructions. Also make sure that you have Windows 7 installation disk with you.