Shefin, Laptop Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

My Toshiba Satellite C55-A won't start up. I know the screen

Customer Question

My Toshiba Satellite C55-A won't start up. I know the screen works because I get the Toshiba emblem for a second before it shuts down. This happen once before and a computer tech took out the battery, waited, put it back, plugged in the laptop and pressed the power button at the same time as one or two other buttons and the laptop started up and I haven't had this problem for a year. Does anyone which other buttons to push along with the power button? It started up in normal Windows 8.1 without going through safe mode.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.
If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N