Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My laptop was totally taken down to new, now trying to reboot.

Customer Question
it is a satellite C55...
my laptop was totally taken down to new, now trying to reboot. it is a satellite C55 thus has no disk or anything. all I get is reboot and select device.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Laptop
6/10/2015
Laptop technician: sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta, Computer Hardware Engineer
Thank You!! for posting your Question.My name is ***** ***** today I will assist you to solve or identify your problem.
Can you tell me, what exactly you mean by "taken down to new" ?
totally reboted I guess
Did it rebooted automatically ?
no I did it as was basicily told to do as it seemed to hve more viruses than a hospital
OK, please let me know the exact error message, which you can see on the computer ?
sorry be were disconnected major t-storm here. says reboot and select proper boot devices or insert boot media in selectrd device and press a key
Please shut down the laptop then, restart it and as soon as you see the Toshiba logo , press the F12 key to get the boot device menu, let me know, what options do you see ?
HDD/SSD:HGST HTS545050A7E380
USB
ODD
LAN REALTEK PEX
ENTER SETUP
Select HDD/SSD:HGST HTS545050A7E380 and press enter and let me know, what happens ?
SAME AS EARLIER MESSAGE
Thanks, ***** ***** Windows seems to be deleted or corrupt from your hard drive. Do you have Windows installation disc ?
there is no way to use a disk on this computer
so it's toast then?
Please restart the laptop once more and this time when you see the Toshiba logo, start tapping the F8 key and let me know, if you see any options or not ?
no same message
Unfortunately, then the hard drive seems to be defective. Now, as this can also cause due to corrupt windows. Now, as this laptop do not have any CD/DVD drive the first thing, you need to do get a external drive and windows installation disc and then, try to reinstall Windows. If that fails, then, you have to replace the hard drive to solve the problem.
If you do not have the Windows installation disc then, it will be better to replace the hard drive and reinstall windows from the store,where you will replace the drive.
Please let me know, if you need any further help, otherwise please remember to give positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.
thankyou
Thanks for using our service. Please remember to give rating below.
sudipto_dutta
sudipto_dutta