Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My touch pad on my computer is disables. The F5 key is showing…

Customer Question
My touch pad on my...
My touch pad on my computer is disables. The F5 key is showing it is disabled as well. I have tried pushing the function button and f5, etc. It is not enabling. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Laptop
6/5/2015
Laptop technician: Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician replied 3 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Laptop Specialist Technician
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
What is the make/model of your laptop?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $39 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
No Thank you. I just need to know how to enable (re-enable) my mouse touch pad.
What is the make/model of your laptop?
Toshiba Satellite E55-A5114
1. Press Alt + X
2, Select Control Panel
3. Click Mouse Properties
4. Click Device Settings
5. Click Enable
Then test.
Nothing is happening.
Did you click Enable?
I do not have an enable button
Can you open Control Panel
No...
Do you have an external mouse? Also, how are you talking to me? From the same PC or a different device?
Different computer
no external mouse
This is not helpful.
To enable the touchpad, it has to be done via Control Panel and we need an external mouse to do this because Fn + F5 is not working.
The steps are:
1. Press Alt + X
2, Select Control Panel
3. Click Mouse Properties
4. Click Device Settings
5. Click Enable
I apologize that this was probably not the Answer you were hoping to receive. However, it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.