Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

Dell Inspiron N4110 plugged in not charging. Bought a new…

Customer Question
Dell Inspiron N4110 plugged in...
Dell Inspiron N4110 plugged in not charging. Bought a new charging pack - no help. Battery is less than one year old.....
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Laptop
6/3/2015
Laptop technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Try this please> restart the laptop and press the f2 button at the Dell logo startup screen it will take you into a menu called the bios. Within the menu is a battery section and it will give you the status of the battery and charger.
It should say battery - healthy and the charger wattage (65w or 55w etc).
Let me know the status listed there please.
Laptop technician: Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist
Welcome back! I received your request to work with me again. Another expert has opted in to assist with the question. I'm happy to assist you if you'd prefer to continue with me again. If there is no preference, please continue with the expert above.
Thanks!
,Sean
Please let me know if you'd like me to remote into your laptop. I should be able to resolve the battery issue from there and can show you the steps to check again in the future.
Best Regards,
Sean / love to have you check for me remotely. I tried what the other advisor suggested and could not get the bios to come up to check the battery status. I am working on a project right now so can't do this tonite (Wed 6/3) but could Thurs evening.
Sounds good! I'm happy to help. I'll be available from 8:30 p.m. CST and later. Please let me know a time that works for you and I'll be happy to reconnect then. Have a great day!
I didn't hear from you yesterday. Let me know some times that work this weekend, and we can connect then. Happy Friday.
Best Regards,