Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My son gave me a toshiba laptop and we cant remember the password…

Customer Question
my son gave me a...
my son gave me a toshiba laptop and we cant remember the password ***** find where we wrote it down. It has Beverly Workman email***@******.*** on the screen. Need to get it working please
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Laptop
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2015
Laptop technician: Richard, Laptop Specialist replied 3 years ago
Richard, Laptop Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
This is the password ***** start windows correct?
I paid Richard $36 to help me and NOT a stinking word from him, but they kept the MONEY
Within 2 minutes of you posting your question I asked you
If you scroll up you will see this
Yes the password ***** windows.
Yes i am still trying to access my laptop to open Windows but have lost password..Please help.
This is Wayne with the Toshiba with no password ***** was running on Windows 8 can u help me please
Thank you
You will have to reinstall windows if you are unable to sign onto it, its the only way to remove the security and the whole point of the security.
To do this, on the sign on screen, hold SHIFT and with it held down, click on the power icon in the bottom right and click restart.
Keep Shift held down until it has restarted and you are at a menu.
Choose Troubleshoot then reset your PC
Let this complete and when it has, windows is reinstalled, and you can set it up again.
As I said, its going to delete all your data, so if you need to keep your data, then only option is to take the computer into a computer store and have the hard drive removed and put into a different computer so the data can first be copied over, then do the instructions I gave to reinstall windows.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you