Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Laptop repair specialist
46034742

I'm getting black screen on startup, I see the windows via loading word then when the

Customer Question

I'm getting black screen on startup, I see the windows via loading word then when they disappear that's it, tried using a different screen same thing though.
I don't understand as the scan clearly works as I see the loading page.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. What version of windows is this machine running and when did these problems start? Can you provide the make and the model number of this machine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Today windows 8.1
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sony vaio
OK and what is the make of the computer and the model number and do you currently have any important information on your machine at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Svf152c29m
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No nothing it was working fine
There should be a number starting with PCG can you read that to me? Do you have any important data on this machine by chance?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No number like that. It says on the back that's the model number
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing important, I don't like the sound of what u might be steering me towards, a factory reset?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Under the batter cover there's a different model number svf1521c2eb
It looks like your operating system may have malfunctioned causing this problem. If I understand correctly when you turn the machine on it doesn't even start to load windows is this correct? Does it show the sony logo at all when you first turn it on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it loads fine, I see the Sony logo loading on screen as usual. Then when it's finished loading I can hear everything going on in the back ground
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can even log in then when I hit the windows button i see a a flick bottom left. It's def working in the dark
Ok I see so it's loading just nothing on the screen so this tells me it's not a software problem. Can you hold a very bright light up to the screen and tell me if you get a faint image at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's off at the mo I'll turm or on
Thank you.
Can you hold a very bright light up to the screen and tell me if you get a faint image at all? Especially when the screen goes dark. You mentioned you see a flicker in the bottom left of the screen as well correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's to reflective to see anything
You would need to look hard and at an angle more than likely and also close the lid a bit and see if anything flickers or comes on at all? I am checking for a loose connection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't think I'm doing it tight but the mouse works and it's shows the for a better word egg timer thing when it's doing something
I see, ok so we can rule out a hardware problem if you can see the timer moving even on a black screen you are looking at a malfunctioning operating system. There is a way to factory reset and keep your data however but in this case it sadly looks like that's what we may have to do. Are you willing to do this at all?
I have not heard from you, would you be willing to do that at all if not let me know?
If you can restart the machine and then push alt and f10 together please. We need to try and get into the troubleshoot options.