Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

I have a asus t100t i have not used it while whent

Customer Question
hi i have a asus...
hi i have a asus t100t i have not used it for a while whent to turn it on to night got the message file:\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd status oxcoooo185 whats up with that
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Laptop
5/24/2015
Laptop technician: Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, My name is***** will assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. That message means that your hard drive failed to boot. It could mean that the hard drive is faulty and will need to be replaced. You will need to try and boot from a recovery disc in order to determine if the hard drive is faulty.Try these steps please>Using the Recovery Partition1. Press < F9 > during bootup.2. Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled].3. Select the language you want to recover and click Next.4. Read the ASUS Preload Wizard messages and click Next.5. Select a partition option and click Next. Partition options:Recover Windows to first partition only. This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive "C".Recover Windows to entire HD. This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive "C".Recover Windows to entire HD with two partitions. This option deletes all partitions from your hard drive and creates two new partitions "C" (25%) and "D" (75%).6. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the recovery process.