Laptop

Laptop questions? Ask a laptop technician for answers ASAP!

My toshiba satellite Z930 will not come out of hibernation.

I press and hold the...
My toshiba satellite Z930 will not come out of hibernation. I press and hold the power button to turn the laptop off but it does not power off completely but goes to sleep with the power light flashing orange. Pressing the power button again gives a black screen with the white cursor and nothing more
4/1/2014
jctservice
jctservice, Consultant

jctservice :

Hi there! I'm Joey, and I'm happy to assist you today!

jctservice :

To confirm, does that laptop have a removable battery?

Customer: Hi Joey, thanks for taking my answer
jctservice :

you are welcome, I'll do my best to get you going again!

Customer: The battery is sealed within the machine
Customer: The battery is sealed within the machine
and is not externally accessible
jctservice :

ok, that's what i thought. Usually the fix for this involves removing the battery -- but let me find the proper procedure for a reset on that model, just a moment

Customer: thanks !
jctservice :

Ok, on that particular laptop, lets try this:

Press and hold both the POWER button, and the PRESENTATION button (2nd button to the right of power) for 10-15 seconds until you see the DC-IN light flash off for a moment, then release both buttons

jctservice :

Full Size Image

Customer:

OK trying now

Customer:

done

Customer:

powered off I think

jctservice :

ok, once that is complete, try to turn it on normally and see if we get a proper boot

Customer:

powered off now for sure

Customer:

that's fantastic Joey, booted straight into W8

jctservice :

Great!

jctservice :

usually, pulling the battery out and holding the power button does the trick on laptops with a removable battery --

Customer:

you bet it's great. It's been happening on and off for a couple of months and up till now I've just let the power run out

jctservice :

but the slim models often have a tricky key-sequence or pin-hole type reset button

Customer:

ah ok

Customer:

that's a good combination to remember

jctservice :

so now you know the trick on yours -- make a note of the 2 buttons for future reference!

Customer:

you've been really helpful. Thanks so much

Customer:

hehe you just did yourself out of another service call from me :-)

jctservice :

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know… Just reply here at any time.

Thank you and have a great day!

__________________________________________________________

Please give me a positive rating for my service if I have helped you today. Feel free to ask for JCTservice the next time you need computer help!

Customer:

thans so much, I will do that. You are getting 5 stars today !

jctservice :

i prefer to help and teach at the same time! glad we were able to help, thanks again!

Customer:

thanks you, have a great day/night wherever you are :-)

jctservice :

you as well, thank you

jctservice
jctservice, Consultant