Viet - Laptop Tech
Viet - Laptop Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of laptop (and desktop) hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

MY SONY VAIO WONT TURN ON. GREEN POWER BUTTON COMES ON BUT

MY SONY VAIO WON'T TURN ON. GREEN POWER BUTTON COMES ON BUT NOTHING HAPPENS, SCREEN IS BLACK. ONLY OTHER LIGHT IS ORANGE CHARGING LIGHT.
Category: Laptop
Expert:  Viet - Laptop Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Can you remove both the charger and battery from the laptop, then reconnect only the charger (without battery), and turn on and check?

Is there any noise when turning on the laptop?

Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have removed battery tried to turn on. Same response. Also no startup sounds from computor when starting up when power button turned on.
Can you press & hold the power button for about 30 seconds, and check?

Can you press & release quickly and repeatedly the power button for about 15 times and check?

Is there any noise, i.e., does the fan run now when turning on?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Held power button down for 30 seconds, nothing. Pressed and released power button repeatedly 15 timesw, nothing. No noise, no fan coming on.

I'm sorry, this is a hardware issue; the motherboard is bad. How old is the laptop? Thank you.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
less than 1 year old
I'm sorry about the laptop hardware issue, but not to worry, as the laptop is under warranty, Sony will repair it:
VAIO® Computers: (NNN) NNN-NNNN
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-contacts.pl?mdl=VPCEE42FX

Thank you.