Landscaping

Landscaping questions? Ask a landscaper for answers ASAP

I have a flowering crab tree that has a split up the middle…

Customer Question
I have a flowering...

I have a flowering crab tree that has a split up the middle about an 1/8th of an inch wide. The split goes from the ground level all the way up to where that bough joins, or should join the main trunk. The trunk is about 10" in diameter. I have asked people who should know what to do to save the tree and the split bough. I have heard everything from using glue to tying it up with something that will draw the two pieces together.

Contractor's Assistant: What kind of climate are you in?

Location: Webster NY right in the heart of orchard country. We live off of Lake Ontario about 1000 yards and it is very windy here.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I would like to, less expensive I hope

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landscaping
6/1/2018
Landscaper: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 2 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
I'm still waiting for an answer and upset that it has cost me $5 for nothing.
Landscaper: Andrew Fraser, Landscaper replied 2 months ago
Andrew Fraser
Andrew Fraser, Landscaper

My name is ***** ***** landscape professional, and I would like to help you. First, I would like to ask if you could please upload a couple picture of the situation, one up close and one a bit further back that captures the entire crack and structure of the tree.

Thanks!

Tomorrow, raining here

Ok, no problem. Excited for some much needed rain here tomorrow!