Landscaping

Landscaping questions? Ask a landscaper for answers ASAP

How do I stop Squirrels from digging my lawn? 20'*20' plot…

Customer Question
How do I stop Squirrels...
How do I stop Squirrels from digging my lawn?
20'*20' plot in a downtown area of Toronto. Many many Squirrels, no predators, ample food around...I have a motion activated sprinkler and have used hardware mesh for the spring to keep them off.I tried cyan pepper before but it just washes away.I want my kids to play on actual grass not an 'over aerated' lawn...Thank you for your time
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Landscaping
5/26/2018
Landscaper: W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist replied 2 months ago
W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist

Do have a photo of the damage being done? What makes you certain that the cause is squirrels? Could it be moles?

I see the Squirrels digging. Causal relationship. I completely redid the lawn down to the clay 5 years ago. They keep coming back... Perhaps to even the same spots which is something I've heard Squirrels do... Triangulate locations...
Thank you for your time and advice with this...