Landscaping

Landscaping questions? Ask a landscaper for answers ASAP

I have an intermatic timer for an outside landscaper

Customer Question
I have an intermatic...

I have an intermatic timer for an outside landscaper lighting system. It shows RV 106 in the display. What does this mean?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Standby, I need to get that info.

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

It’s a DT620

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The system trips off when the timer is set to come on manually at 7:00 pm & also automatically when it’s set to come on at dusk. The photocell was changed out as well.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Landscaping
I reset the main breaker, reset any plugs that affect the system, reset the timer 4 or 5 times, still get the code RV 106 when the timer is plugged back into the outlet.
4/3/2018
Landscaper: Russell H., Service Tech replied 3 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The "RV106" is an undocumented error. At any rate, it is not mentioned anywhere.

I would say, since the timer is small and cheap, that the most efficient thing to do would be, to replace it.

Regrettable, but it seems necessary, and economical, compared to spending much time on it.

Of course: if you try unplugging it for 2 hours, removing any batteries it might have inside it - I doubt it has any - and then trying it again, and the error is cleared, then that would be good. But I suspect it's simply a defective device.