Landscaping

Landscaping questions? Ask a landscaper for answers ASAP

My son took a class in junior college re; landscaping. They…

My son took a...

My son took a class in junior college re; landscaping. They used some sort of homemade mixture, he said containing honey, aspirin and vitamin B-1 is this a good mixture and how much for each part?

Contractor's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

They used this mixture on starts and seed

Contractor's Assistant: Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?

It worked really well! But he is unsure of the exact ingredients and parts for mixture

3/18/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Michelle,
Will wait, have to stop to appreciate the flowers LOL
Daniel Stover
Hello my name is***** and I will be the professional helping you today. I have over 20 years of horticulture experience and currently am the head superintendet at a high end private golf course in south Florida.What types of plants and seed were they using this mixture on? Aspirin has shown good results in latest studies on plants. I use it in my weekly sprays on our greens. The honey acts as a food source to the soil microbes.Let me know what types of plants these are and I will send you a good mix.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We have the general house plants and lots of aloe. Plus I do try to put out some garden plants like zucchini from seed peppers and green onions, thanks in advance

Heat 1 gallon of water over your stove. Then add 1/4cup of blackstrap molasses (better than honey for plants because of all the natural vitamins and nutrients such as calcium, selenium), then add one powderized asprin pill. To add even more value to your mixture you can add fish hydrosolate and liquified seaweed. Both of these products are readily available on amazon. Also IF you can find it worm compost extract or tea would be the last thing I would add.

Its important not to add the kelp, fish and worm after the heated water has cooled.

Daniel Stover
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Daniel!
Daniel Stover
Daniel Stover
Daniel Stover