Landscaping

Landscaping questions? Ask a landscaper for answers ASAP

We have a gravel driveway that was constructed approx 1.5…

Customer Question
We have a gravel driveway...
We have a gravel driveway that was constructed approx 1.5 years ago. We are in the state of Kentucky. The topsoil was removed, down approx 8 inches I believe that we put down the larger gravel (#2) as a base, with smaller rock (#4 down to dust) on top. The driveway still is slightly below the grade of the grass on both sides that anytime we get a big rain, it washes out. I have heard several recommendations, but no consensus regarding the best approach and am seeking expert advise. I will go out now and also attach pictures.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Landscaping
3/17/2018
Landscaper: Rick, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Best approach is to raise the grade of the driveway and grade it so there is a crown in the middle which would make any water drain to the sides

Rick
Rick
Rick, General Contractor