Landscaping

Landscaping questions? Ask a landscaper for answers ASAP

My neighbor cut the half of the roots up to the trunk of…

Customer Question
My neighbor cut the...

My neighbor cut the half of the roots up to the trunk of some very large elm and maples. I am worried about the stability.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For a month. The roots were cut about 3 weeks ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

What work?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landscaping
I guess Something went wrong here?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Chat is also fine. It is just that I have waited 30 mins for a response.
11/14/2017
Landscaper: Home Guru, Handyman replied 8 months ago
Home Guru
Home Guru, Handyman

Hello, one minute while I get some information together. Note it takes time to type so please be patient.

Those trees likely may not make it at all and will die. They are not going to fall over anytime soon, but they may not hold up too well with all the roots cut back badly and exposed. What did you want to know exactly?

Basically I would take those tress down the one looked rotted anyway and the main one will just die in a few years most likely.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions.