Landscaping

Landscaping questions? Ask a landscaper for answers ASAP

We have a newly built and dark stained deck in our backyard.

Customer Question
Hey so we have a...
Hey so we have a newly built and dark stained deck in our backyard. Surrounding the deck however is dry dirt because no grass grows there because of shade among other things. This dirt gets easily tracked from our dogs and our feet onto the deck making it look very dirty. And when it rains, the mud gets even worse. We aren't able to install grass or anything at the moment. We're just looking for something we can do so we can stop tracking all the dirt onto the deck. I was thinking maybe lay mulch down or something but I'm not too sure and that's why I'm asking you. I can supply pictures because I feel that will greatly help describe what I'm talking about but am not sure how to do that that.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Landscaping
8/2/2017
Landscaper: Rick, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, General Contractor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

2+" of mulch is your best bet for a short term solution. When the time comes to plant you ca just rake it away.

Rick
Rick
Rick, General Contractor