Anna
Anna, Biologist, Gardening Expert
Experience:  I am a biologist with experience in water gardening, and growing trees, ornamental plants, and vegetables.
6012901

I have a multi trunk chinese pitsache one of the three trunks

Customer Question

I have a multi trunk chinese pitsache one of the three trunks leafed out and the lost all of its leaves. the other two are healthy. do you think one trunk dyed? should I cut it at the base?
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in Arboriculture. I'll be glad to help with your question today.
It is possible that one trunk died, and if it did, the best thing to do would be to cut it off at the base, and then sprinkle the cut surface of the stump with a fungicide made for trees.However, the trunk might not be dead. Use a fingernail or a knife to scrape some bark off a small branch. If the wood underneath is greenish and wet, the trunk is still alive. Sometimes a source of stress can cause leaves to drop like this. If the wood underneath appears alive, give the trunk some time. New leaves may appear in the next 8 weeks. If the wood right under the bark is dry and white or cream in color, the trunk is dead.If you have more questions, just let me know. I hope that whatever you decide to do with the tree will work out well.AnnaMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service after you have all the information you need. I will greatly appreciate a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can I send you photos to look at?

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.
Yes. You can email them to***@******.*** They will see that get them. It usually takes a day.