W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

My lemon trees flower in spring, little lemons start to

Customer Question

My lemon trees flower in spring, little lemons start to appear, and then the tree "aborts" them and just keeps one or two which grow normally. They also show the type of curl leaves shown in this site.
JA: The Landscaper I'm going to connect you with will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Landscaper should know?
Customer: no, I donn't think so
JA: Our top Landscaper is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Landscaper in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Landscaper until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  W. Sorgen replied 1 year ago.

Without seeing a picture of the leaf curl, I cannot accurately identify the foliage problem. There are many reasons why leaves may curl. It may be an insect (like aphids) or it may be a fungus.

The fruit drop is usually associated with stress. Either the tree isn't getting enough sunlight, or nutrients from the soil, or the disease/insect pressure is too high. Making fruit is a very energy-intense process; if the tree needs to conserve energy, it will abort fruit. You should try fertilizing in the spring, try to increase its sun exposure, and/or deal with its health issue.