W. Sorgen
W. Sorgen, ISA Ceritified Arborist
Experience:  Bachelor's degree in forestry, and owner of a residential/commercial tree service.
73238437

No drainage in front of the retaining wall. What do I do?

Customer Question

I recently had my back garden landscaped. A lot of soil was removed behind a retaining wall to move it back and a new lawn laid. I now have a new block brick and render retaining wall with weep holes. However, no drainage was was fitted immediately in front of the wall and as a result the patio is constantly flooded for days after rain. A lot of water comes out of the weep holes consistently flooding my patio. The landscapers have assured me this should "settle in a month or 2" and that drainage pipes were not necessary in front of the retaining wall. Is this correct or have they made a mistake as my patio never dries!

Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.
I'm not sure if I'm entirely clear on your circumstances. Do you want the water to drain off your patio or not get that far and drain from behind the retaining wall (a better option). If you want the patio to drain, what is the patio material? a concrete slab? brick or stone laid dry (no mortar)? something else? is there any space between the patio and he wall?