Anna
Anna, Biologist, Gardening Expert
Experience:  I am a biologist with experience in water gardening, and growing trees, ornamental plants, and vegetables.
6012901

What is the cause or treatment of a "fungus" growing on my

Customer Question

What is the cause or treatment of a white "fungus" growing on my white pine tree trunk normally where the lower branches have formed. I have three such trees showing the same concern.
Category: Landscaping
Expert:  Anna replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in trees. I would like to help you today. This post is not your answer, but is only a request for additional information. So don't rate my service yet - we're just beginning.

Is the fungus like mushrooms, or is it more like a fine, powdery dusting?

Have the trees shown any other symptoms - yellowing or browning needles, losing needles, dead twigs, etc.?

In what state do you live? Different states have different problems.

Thank you.

Anna

Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Does the fungus look like what is in this picture?